Saginaw is getting a New Snowplow
Check out the photo of Saginaw’s new TowPLow. This tandem style snowplow provides increased production, less fuel, and capital investment costs.
According to TowPLow, their mission “is about improving snow removal services to maintain traffic speeds and volume, while reducing labor and fuel in the 21st century.”
How will this affect you and your commute?
As winter makes its way to Michigan you’ll see this piece of machinery operating along the stretch of I-75 near Saginaw.
Interested in how it works? Check out the video:
We would like to remind all drivers that they should yield to any and all snowplows.
• Snowplows can’t see you behind their trucks. Do not follow closely;
• Snowplows produce clouds of snow behind them, which reduces the visibility on all sides of the truck;
• Motorists should not pass a moving snowplow on the right. According to MDOT, “with new wing plow and tow plow technology, the blade can clear the shoulder and the lane of travel simultaneously. Motorists attempting an illegal pass through a snow cloud on the right and/or shoulder of the road most likely won’t see the plow blade and run the risk of a serious crash;”
• Texting in Michigan is illegal. Drivers need to refrain from using their phones, especially during sever weather storms;
• Wear your seatbelt and give yourself extra time to go to and from your destination;
• Salt doesn’t work below 20 degrees. If it’s cold, know that it will likely be very slippery.
• If you anticipate the worst, you’ll be ready in case of an emergency.
Our Southfield personal injury firm has been handling Michigan automobile accidents for over 30 years.
If you’ve been injured, then our firm is here for you. We service the Detroit and Metro Detroit areas: places like Royal Oak, Dearborn, Flint, West Bloomfield, Hamtramck, Huntington Woods, Ferndale, and their respective surrounding areas.
With over 30 years of experience, we are compassionate for your injuries and tough on your competitors. Stay tuned to our blog for more news and tips to avoid potential driving liability. Together we can avoid Michigan car accidents!