Detroit’s M1 Rail Project Set to Begin
Detroit’s M1 rail project is taking off. The line will be 3.3 miles: from New Center to Downtown Detroit.
Expect construction at the following intersections in the coming months:
1. Southbound Woodward at Congress
2. Northbound Woodward South of Campus Martius Park
3. Northbound Woodward at Cadillac Square
4. Southbound Woodward at Michigan Avenue
5. Southbound Woodward, North of Campus Martius Park
6. Southbound Woodward at State Street
7. Southbound Woodward at Grand River
8. Woodward and John R
Did you know Michigan has a statute protecting railroad employees from their employer’s negligent acts?
According to M.C.L.A. 419.51:
Sec. 1. Every common carrier railroad company in this state shall be liable to any of its employees, or, in case of his or her death, to his or her personal representative for the benefit of his or her spouse and children, if any; if none, then for his or her parents; if none, then for his or her next of kin, for all damages which may result from the negligence of the railroad company or from the negligence of any of its officers, agents, or employees, or by reason of any defect or insufficiency due to the negligence of the common carrier railroad company in its cars, engines, appliances, machinery, track, road bed, works, boats, wharves, coal docks, or other equipment.
• Families are able to recover if their dependent is killed
• If an employee or agent of the company is responsible for the injury, then company is still liable to a negligence claim
Over the last 30 years, our Southfield personal injury firm has been defending injured Michiganders from any and all negligent acts:
We use our blog as a place to update you about Michigan’s laws. We offer tips for you to avoid injuries, and we pride ourselves on our ability to recover the money that’s rightfully yours. If you’ve been injured, get the recovery that you deserve.