Scott Goodwin is a Michigan Super Lawyer
For the eighth year in a row, Scott A. Goodwin has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer; appropriate recognition for his outstanding work in the legal community.
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys. Goodwin has been named to the list each year since its inception in 2006.
Admitted to the State Bar of Michigan in 1986, Goodwin has earned a variety of awards and distinctions for his work in the legal profession, including:
• LAWYER OF THE YEAR by Michigan Lawyers Weekly
• Martindale Hubbell AV preeminent Highest rating for ethical and legal ability
• Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• President Elect for the Michigan Association of Justice
• And there are many more
A dedicated community partner, Goodwin and partner Jim Scieszka have held Free Law Day in each of the past 26 years, providing pro bono legal advice and free safety products to individuals throughout their community.
Goodwin has scored numerous settlements and arbitration awards in excess of millions of dollars over his storied career. Here are some of his notable personal injury settlements in the Detroit and Metro Detroit region:
• Numerous settlements and arbitration awards well in excess of millions of dollars
• $1.8 million dollar settlement for Motorcyclist who was hit by truck,
• $1.4 million for a pedestrian struck by City of Detroit bus,
• $1.4 million award against Drunk driver.
• $1.4 million for an underinsured motorist award,
• $1 million for child injured on a hayride,
• $985,000 underinsured award for a rear seat passenger who was injured in an auto crash and was ejected from his vehicle,
• $800,000 auto crash where client suffered closed head injury
• $1.1 million propane explosion at private home and
• $625,000 for a homemaker struck by a school bus.
If you’ve been injured, contact Goodwin & Scieszka, PC. Our Birmingham, Michigan personal injury firm has been handling Michigan personal injury claims for over 30 years, including those involving:
Call our Birmingham, Michigan personal injury firm today and get the recovery that you deserve.