Royal Oak’s Dangerous Dog Ordinance
Do you live in Royal Oak, Michigan? Do you have a dog? Royal Oak has a dog bite ordinance that allows the city’s Animal Control Officer to make a determination that your dog is dangerous and thus must be registered with the city. It’s Royal Oak’s effort to avoid more Michigan dog bites. Take a look at the ordinance:
The Animal Control Officer shall have the authority to make a determination that a dog is dangerous or potentially dangerous, as defined in this article, upon the complaint of any person that a dog is dangerous or potentially dangerous. When the Animal Control Officer classifies any dog as a dangerous dog or potentially dangerous dog under this article, the Animal Control Officer shall notify the dog’s owner of such classification as follows:
(1) The notice shall be in writing and mailed by certified mail to the owner’s last known address. If a dog has more than one owner, notice to any one owner shall be sufficient.
(2) The notice shall include a summary of the findings that form the basis for the dog’s classification as dangerous or potentially dangerous.
(3) The notice shall be dated and shall state that the owner has a right to request a hearing on the classification within 15 days from the date of the notice.
(4) The notice shall state that if a hearing is requested on the classification, the Animal Review Board shall conduct the hearing.
(5) The notice shall state that if the owner does not request such a hearing within 15 days from the date of the notice, the classification of the dog as dangerous or potentially dangerous shall be final and conclusive for all purposes under the City Code.
(6) The notice shall include a form to request a hearing before the Animal Review Board and shall provide specific instructions on mailing or delivering such a request.
If you’ve been injured by a dog bite you may be entitled to a settlement or financial compensation. If you’ve been bitten, then it’s very important to contact a Michigan attorney as soon as possible. Don’t risk waiting. Witnesses, victims, medical care providers, and police may not have a clear memory of your dog bite accident and circumstances weeks or months after. Get the justice you deserve.
Our Michigan lawyers have already handled many Michigan dog bite cases, we’ve been personal injury attorneys for over 27 years, and we’re ready to help you win a fair and just settlement. Call us anytime, 24 hours a day, and we will be happy to serve you. Remember, Goodwin & Scieszka attorneys fight for you.
If you have been injured in any type of accident, contact us immediately by phone or email. You pay nothing until we take your case to trial or settle. With over 27 years of litigation experience representing the “little guy” against the largest insurance companies, corporations, and hospitals, we’ll get you the money you deserve.
Visit our website to find out more information on the services we provide and why we have been named Michigan Super Lawyers for the last eight years and Dbusiness’s Top Lawyers for the last three. Whatever your accident or injury, we are ready to Win Your Case!