13-Year-Old Dies After Electrocution Accident | Scott Goodwin Law

13-Year-Old Dies After Electrocution Accident

by / Monday, 06 October 2014 / Published in Accident News
Electric fence warning sign

13-year-old Christian Lorinczy has died after being accidentally electrocuted by a fence at Lincoln High School in Augusta Township. Lorinczy had been at the high school watching his cousin play in a football game on the night of September 30th. During the game, he was playing catch with friends when he came into contact with a fence and was electrocuted. A woman who came to help Lorinczy was also electrocuted by the fence and was treated at the scene. Lorinczy was brought to University of Michigan’s Mott Children’s Hospital in critical condition, where he later died of his injuries.

Immediately following the accident, power was turned off, the football game was cancelled, and the stadium was evacuated. The fence was part of the handicapped entry to the bleachers and was not supposed to be electrified. A spokeswoman for the Washtenaw Intermediate School District told the Detroit News that it was not an electric fence and there should not have been an electrical current running through it. Other spectators were also reportedly shocked by the fence, but there is no word on their injuries. The incident is still under investigation.

Our personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Goodwin & Scieszka are well-versed in other types of injury, like slip and fall accident claims. Contact us to see how we can help you be fairly compensated.