The Law Offices of Goodwin & Scieszka, an AV preeminent rated firm by Martindale-Hubbell®, has been happy to provide almost 30 years of legal service to victims of car accidents, dog bites, and medical malpractice. After nearly three decades of providing pro bono work with our annual Law Day, we have fitted over ten thousand free bike helmets, distributed free smoke detectors, and dispensed free legal advice as a way to give back to the community. Now we are pleased to support the future lawyers of America with the Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, awarded to three high-achieving, bright students intending to pursue a career in law.
With a grand prize of $1,000 and two runners-up receiving $500 each, the Innovation Scholarship will be accepting applications from current students attending either an accredited law school or an accredited university in the United States. Applicants will be judged on their academic merits as well as the content of the application essay they provide. Applications are due by June 1, 2018. Winners will be announced on or after July 2, 2018.
Please choose one of the following prompts provided for your essay. Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- In your opinion, what law is most out of date and should be rectified or repealed?
- What future do you foresee for legal marketing with the inclusion of social media?
- Applicant must be either a current law student at an accredited law school within the U.S. or at an accredited undergraduate university planning to attend law school.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript.
How to Apply
To apply for the 2018 Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, please fill out our online application to the right!
Or download our application form and mail a hard copy to our office.
2018 Application Form
2017 Innovation Scholarship Winners
University of Portland
Princeton / Columbia University School of Law
University of Arizona
2016 Innovation Scholarship Winners
University of Pittsburgh Law School
Mike Contillo, Jr.
Harvard Law School