The Law Offices of Goodwin & Scieszka, an AV preeminent rated firm by Martindale-Hubbell®, has been happy to provide over 27 years of legal service to victims of car accidents, dog bites, and medical malpractice. After more than 26 years of providing pro bono work with our annual Law Day, we have fitted over ten thousand free bike helmets, distributed free smoke detectors, and dispensed free legal advice as a way to give back to the community. Now we are pleased to support the future lawyers of America with the launch of the first ever Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, awarded to three high-achieving, bright students intending to pursue a career in law.
With a grand prize of $1,000 and two runners-up receiving $500 each, the Innovation Scholarship will be accepting applications from current students attending either an accredited law school or an accredited university in the United States. Applicants will be judged on their academic merits as well as the content of the application essay they provide.
Please choose one of the three prompts provided for your essay. Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- What impact do you believe the Affordable Healthcare Act will have on the U.S. legal system?
- In your opinion, what law is most out of date and should be rectified or repealed?
- What future do you foresee for legal marketing with the inclusion of social media?
- Applicant must be either a current law student at an accredited law school within the U.S. or at an accredited undergraduate university planning to attend law school.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript.
How to Apply
To apply for the 2014 Goodwin & Scieszka Innovation Scholarship, please fill out our online application to the right!
Or download our application form and mail a hard copy to our office.