Michigan Car Accident Lawyer
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Car accidents happen in an instant and even the most careful driver on the road can end up being seriously injured because of the negligence of another driver. In far too many cases, those injuries can have effects that significantly impact their quality of life.
Every year, millions of people all over the country are injured in car accidents, but car culture is particularly strong in Michigan. There are over 3 million registered vehicles in Southeast Michigan alone and the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning estimates that one traffic crash occurs every 1 minute and 41 seconds throughout the state. In 2018, Michigan car accidents resulted in 974 fatalities and 75,838 injuries.
Car accidents are caused by many different factors, including distracted driving, driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, generally reckless behavior, driver inexperience, drowsy driving, and failing to follow the rules of the road. Regardless of what caused your accident, you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side who can fight for what’s best for you.
At Goodwin & Scieszka, we’ve helped thousands of Michigan car accident victims just like you get the compensation they need. We’re not afraid to go up against big insurance companies who only care about paying out as little as possible, not doing what’s best for you. Contact us today for help with your case. There won’t be any fees unless you win, so don’t worry that you can’t afford high quality legal representation.
Michigan Car Accident Settlements
- $1.4 Million Uninsured Motorist Car Accident Settlement: Goodwin & Scieszka won a $1.4 million settlement in an uninsured motorist car accident case.
- $1.4 Million Settlement for Pedestrian Accident With Detroit Bus: When a pedestrian was hit by a City of Detroit bus, Goodwin & Scieszka fought for the victim to win a $1.4 million settlement.
- $985,000 Settlement Award for Injured Rear Seat Passenger: A rear seat passenger who was ejected from the vehicle during a car crash was awarded a $985,000 settlement.
- $800,000 Settlement Award for Car Accident Head Injury: For car accident victim who sustained a closed head injury, they were awarded an $800,000 settlement.
- $625,000 School Bus Accident Settlement: Following an accident involving a school bus, Goodwin & Scieszka fought for a $625,000 settlement against the bus driver and the school district.
- $470,000 Head-On Car Crash Settlement: This case involved a victim who had sustained bone fractures, a left knee meniscus tear requiring arthroscopic surgery, and PTSD.
- $700,000 Settlement for Career-Ending Car Accident Injuries: When an aspiring state trooper sustained spinal injuries that prevented him from pursuing his career, he was awarded a $700,000 settlement.
More Information About Michigan Car Accidents
- According to the National Safety Council, 4.6 million people were injured in automobile accidents in 2017.
- There are thousands of car accidents each day in North America, amounting to an average of nearly 1 accident every minute of every day.
- These crashes can result in approximately $433 billion of damage per year.
See Our Infographics
Goodwin’s 5 Steps
Every two seconds someone is injured or disabled in an automobile accident. Throughout our lifetimes many of us will be involved in a traffic accident, and what we do immediately afterwards can affect the outcome of a personal injury case. If you happen to be involved in a serious traffic accident in Michigan, take these five steps to protect your rights and ensure you receive the full compensation entitled to you by law:
Call the police or dial 911
Take an account of any injuries and call for help. Let the dispatcher know of your location and if anyone has been harmed. In most cases a police officer will be sent to the scene. Try not to move your vehicle until the police have arrived. It is essential that you obtain a police report, as it is highly unlikely your insurance company will assist you with any claims if a report has not been filed.
Speak to witnesses
Keep conversation minimal and do not admit fault. Even an “I’m sorry” can be construed as something it is not. Avoid apologies and admissions of fault until all of the facts have been gathered. Talk to anyone who may have seen the accident and collect their contact information.
Use your cellphone or a digital camera to take photographs of the automobiles involved in the accident, any damage to your vehicle, skid marks, traffic signals and signs, and any intersections. These can be helpful depictions when filing your claim later.
Contact your insurance agent
Let your insurance company know that you were involved in an accident. Even if the accident occurred after business hours, leave a message. Do not be bullied and do not sign anything before speaking to an attorney. Any time wasted can affect your ability to get the justice you deserve.
Contact a licensed Michigan attorney
Don’t leave anything to chance! Let an experienced Michigan car accident lawyer assist you through the complex legal process. Contact Goodwin & Scieszka anytime, 24 hours a day. If you are affected by an automobile accident, our attorneys are available to support you and to ensure you receive the full care and compensation you deserve.