Dog Bite in Saginaw, Michigan Owner on the Loose
On Tuesday, in the 1100 block of Michigan Avenue, a white pit bull bit a woman in Sheboygan. The dog was leashed, and the woman was bit just as she kneeled down to pet the dog. She said that the dog looked “playful.”
Police are now looking for the owner because state law requires that the dog be observed for 10 days to check for rabies.
Any information about the owner should be reported to the Sheboygan Police at 920-459-3333.
This is an unfortunate reminder that even “playful” looking dogs do bite.
The best way to avoid a harmful dog bite is to stay away from unknown dogs, especially when they are leashed without the owner around.
Did you know that every 40 seconds that someone in America is seeking medical treatment for an animal related injury? Last year alone, $1 billion was paid to injured dog bite victims and their families.
If you’ve been bitten, then follow the Goodwin 5 steps immediately:
- Take note of the dog. If there is an owner, get their contact information. If the dog is a stray, then try and get a photograph, video, or detailed description. If the dog cannot be identified, then you’re going to need a series of rabies shots to protect yourself against infection.
- Get medical help. Dogs’ mouths are filled with harmful bacteria. Dog bites often require stitches. You should go to the hospital.
- Document everything. You want a record of your pain, suffering, and actions taken after the injury was sustained.
- Contact animal control, especially if the dog is a stray. Aiding in the capture of the harmful dog will prevent another similar injury.
- Contact an attorney that specializes in Michigan personal injury law, and particularly in dog bite causes of action.
Our firm has recovered vast settlements from those who’ve suffered from dog bites. Check back to our blog for more breaking news stories and tips to avoid the very injuries we defend.
If you have been injured in any type of accident, contact us immediately by phone or email. You pay nothing until we take your case to trial or settle. With over 30 years of litigation experience representing the “little guy” against the largest insurance companies, corporations, and hospitals, we’ll get you the money you deserve.
Visit our website to find out more information on the services we provide and why we have been named Michigan Super Lawyers for the last six years and Dbusiness’s Top Lawyers for the last three. Whatever your accident or injury, we are ready to Win Your Case!
Call us at 1-888-GOODWIN (466-3946)