Malpractice: Doctors’ Mistakes Affect 12 Million People Every Year
Did you know that 1 in every 20 patients seeking medical care in the United States are affected by misdiagnosis, medical malpractice and gross negligence?
Goodwin & Scieszka, our Southfield, Michigan personal injury firm, has been handling medical malpractice claims for over 30 years. If you’ve been injured as a result of a doctor, then you should follow the Goodwin & Scieszka 5 steps:
- Following any injury, you need to move quickly.
- Obtain copies of all documents. Even if they seem inconsequential, you need to thoroughly ensure that you have your medical records and anything given to you by your treating doctor/hospital.
- Record each and every visit to the hospital. You need to know when you visited the doctor and how you were treated.
- Following your injury, write down what went wrong and any symptoms you’ve experienced, or are experiencing, each and every day. Memories fade – and this practice will ensure that no part of your injury is overlooked.
- Contact our qualified attorneys immediately. Medical malpractice claims have a short statute of limitations, which means that you only have 2 years from the accident (or when the malpractice was discovered) to file a medical malpractice claim in Michigan.
Goodwin & Scieszka has have dealt with several Michigan medical malpractice cases, like misdiagnosis claims and wrong medication cases. We have seen how painful, worrisome and financially difficult these situations can be. Our attorneys are standing by to help you win the compensation you and your loved ones deserve. Call us anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we’ll be more than happy to help you. Remember, at Goodwin & Scieszka we fight for you.